Research network - A group of researchers who share a common interest in a topic and who come together to share information and build a collective knowledge of that topic.
The Primary Industries Adaptation Research Network (PIARN) of NCCARF has been established to provide a gateway to climate change adaptation research in primary industries. Its aim is to improve the coordination, salience, development and accessibility of climate change adaptation research in the sector. Its two main objectives are:
To improve capacity and connections by:
- inspiring, connecting and supporting researchers in the area;
- offering professional development opportunities for researchers in the area;
- building partnerships and links with relevant initiatives, including those overseas;
- fostering shared understanding with research end-users;
- improving the accessibility of important research outcomes; and
- facilitating knowledge creation.
To be a portal for productive and cutting edge thinking and discussion by:
- adding value to existing research by collating, synthesising and interrogating it;
- facilitating the ongoing identification of priority research areas;
- fostering the creation of new research opportunities and resources; and
- facilitating collaborative and innovative research.
PIARN is also committed to the following guiding principles:
- To be inclusive and collaborative
- To be structurally relevant
- To focus on 'arrows' not 'blobs' (connections not organisations)
- To be solution oriented
- To be efficient and effective.