Inquiry into Soil Carbon Sequestration in Victoria
A report prepared by the Victorian Government's Environment and Natural Resources Committee into soil sequestration in Victoria under the following Terms of Reference:
- Explore possible benefits to the agricultural industry;
- Explore possible environmental benefits;
- Consider methodologies for measurement of the effects of carbon sequestration, including any potential issues associated with the measurement of benefits;
- Identify the costs;
- Identify any possible harms or detriments;
- Identify linkages with the proposed carbon pollution reduction scheme and other relevant federal government policies;
- Identify linkages with existing Victorian Government policies; and
- Explore options for the Victorian Government to support the benefits (if any) of soil sequestration.
The report was tabled in Parliament on 2 September 2010.
Professor Peter Grace, PIARN theme leader and co-convenor, was technical advisor for the Committee.
The report can is available for free download from the Parliament of Victoria website.